Historical Data

Texas Music Teachers Association was founded in 1886 and incorporated in 1927. The Student Affiliate program began in 1951. The Texas Music Teachers Educational Foundation was established in 1980.

The TMTA Archives are housed in The Texas Collection which is located in the historic Carroll Library building on the Baylor University campus in Waco, Texas, at the corner of 5th and Speight Streets.