Posted by Christiana Clark on 03/18/2020
Dear TMTA Members,
The TMTA Officers and Staff are committed to the health and well-being of our members. We are still planning to hold the annual TMTA Convention this June but will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed if the situation changes. I realize that COVID-19 is on the minds of all our members as we make adjustments to the plans we have made and how we teach. I am amazed at the camaraderie and support we are giving each other during this stressful time. Please know that the TMTA Officers are working hard to communicate with you about events that are currently scheduled.
Various TMTA members have contributed to this document to share resources for teaching online for your use.
The TMTA Officers met Friday, March 20 and we are proceeding with plans to hold our TMTA 2020 Convention in Houston. However, we have adjusted some deadlines to help our members and convention participants. These are the changes we have made:
- Convention pre-registration will be open from May 1-31 with the early bird price in effect for the entire month.
- Registration for all Convention Activities will open May 1 with a deadline of May 20 (All-Star Festival, June Leondar Contest, Chamber Music Clinic, DKO, Convention Projects, and Student Pages)
- All-Star Festival - Students who wish to participate in the All-Star Festival will not be required to have received a superior rating in a local festival this year due to the cancellation of many local festivals.
- The entry deadline for TMTA SA Performance Contest will remain the same (March 31).
- The deadline for Senior Awards applications will remain the same (May 1).
Teresa Crawford, NCTM
TMTA President 2018-2020