Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- There are two ways to register:
- Online after March 1 and by May 26
- On-site at the Houston Hyatt Regency during the Convention
- Those who pre-register will find their badges at the registration desk in the Marketplace on the lower level of the Hyatt Regency. Ensemble and Performance Contest participants and guests should arrive early enough to get their badges, which are required for entry into the rooms.
- Those registering on or before May 7 receive a discounted price!
Who should register?
- Everyone attending the Convention must register. This includes anyone attending ensemble concerts, performance contests, dress rehearsals, guest artist recitals, etc. The only events NOT requiring a badge are the Jo Ann Dunn Fargason Memorial Concert on Thursday and the Senior Awards Program on Saturday.
- Participating students are pre-registered by their teachers.
- Parents and guests must register to attend any event in which their child is participating.
Where should we stay?
The Houston Hyatt Regency is the official Convention site. Convention attendees will enjoy the special rate of $119, plus tax on or before the group rate cut-off of May 19, 2020 or until the TMTA room block is sold out, whichever comes first. After, reservations will be on a space- and rate-available basis. Wifi is complimentary for TMTA guests. Valet parking will be offered at a reduced rate of $18 per day with in and out privileges.
What is there to do in the area?
Houston offers a wide variety of activities. You can view some of them here.
Who do I contact for more information?
For Convention Exhibits, Advertising, and Events, contact Christiana Clark.
For Convention Registration or Hotels, contact Abby Hehenberger.