Frequently Asked Questions
Who should register? How?
- Everyone attending the Convention must register. This includes anyone attending ensemble concerts, performance contests, dress rehearsals, etc. The only events NOT requiring a badge are the Jo Ann Dunn Fargason Memorial Concert on Thursday and the Senior Awards Program on Saturday.
- Participating students are pre-registered by their teachers.
- Parents and guests must register to attend any event in which their child is participating.
- There are two ways to register:
- Online at www.tmta.org after March 1 and before June 1
- On-site at the Waco Convention Center during the Convention
- Those who pre-register will find their badges at the registration desk in the exhibit hall on the upper level of the Convention Center. Ensemble and Performance Contest participants and guests should arrive early enough to get their badges, which are required for entry into the rooms.
- Those registering on or before May 7 receive a discounted price!
Where should we stay? The Waco Convention Center is the official Convention site. Convention attendees will enjoy the special rate of $139, plus tax at the Waco Hilton and $135 plus tax at the Waco Courtyard Marriott before the group rate cut-off of June 3, 2018 or until sold out, whichever happens first. After this, reservations will be on a space- and rate-available basis. Self-parking and wifi are complimentary at both hotels, and both hotels are immediately adjacent to the Convention Center.
Will there be professional photography and videography this year? There will be a professional photographer at the Convention to take photos of ensembles and award winners. There will also be a professional videographer recording each ensemble program. Ensemble photos and video recordings will be available for purchase at Convention.
Are there reasonably priced places to eat nearby? A variety of restaurants and fast food places and food trucks are within walking distance, with many more an easy drive away.
Will there be transportation available from the Waco Regional Airport? Taxis are available to and from Waco Regional Airport for approximately $20. A complimentary shuttle is available on request for Courtyard Marriott guests.
What entertainment is available for families visiting the area? Information about many area activities and attractions is available here.