Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- There are two ways to register:
- Online after March 1 and before June 1
- On-site at the Houston Hyatt Regency during the Convention
- Those who pre-register will find their badges at the registration desk in the Marketplace on the lower level of the Hyatt Regency. Ensemble and Performance Contest participants and guests should arrive early enough to get their badges, which are required for entry into the rooms.
- Those registering on or before May 7 receive a discounted price!
Who should register?
- Everyone attending the Convention must register. This includes anyone attending ensemble concerts, performance contests, dress rehearsals, guest artist recitals, etc. The only events NOT requiring a badge are the Jo Ann Dunn Fargason Memorial Concert on Thursday and the Senior Awards Program on Saturday.
- Participating students are pre-registered by their teachers.
- Parents and guests must register to attend any event in which their child is participating.
Where should we stay?
The Houston Hyatt Regency is the official Convention site. Convention attendees will enjoy the special rate of $119, plus tax on or before the group rate cut-off of May 28, 2019 or until the TMTA room block is sold out, whichever comes first. After, reservations will be on a space- and rate-available basis. Wifi is complimentary for TMTA guests. Valet parking will be offered at a reduced rate of $18 per day with in and out privileges. To make your reservations, please click here. If you need additional assistance, please call 877-803-7534.
What is there to do in the area?
Houston offers a wide variety of activities. You can view some of them here.
Space Center Houston is offering our guests 40% off tickets using the code TMTA2019. Online purchases only. www.spacecenter.org/grouppromo
Will recordings of Ensemble performances be available?
DVDs and digital downloads will be available again this year. For discount pricing, order before June 10, 2019 (DVDs) and June 17, 2019 (digital downloads). Digital downloads can be shared with members of the same performance group AND family members. Prices go up after June 10th & 17th. Digital downloads will be delivered in MP4 format (plays on almost everything) and will be in high definition! ORDER HERE.
Who do I contact for more information?
For Convention Exhibits, Advertising, and Events, contact Christiana Clark.
For Convention Registration or Hotels, contact Abby Hehenberger.